Saturday, June 5, 2010

The trouble with cottonwoods

Okay, I may have complained here already, but enough already with the cotton snow! This is the worst cottonwood fallout I've ever been through, nearly 6 weeks of this stuff drifting down, coating everything, sending up seedlings in every pot or patch of dirt. Wednesday night's thunderstorm had the great effect of making a lot of it disappear from the deck and yard, but the next day it just started coming down again, in big clumps. Maybe I should be industrious and learn to make yarn from it. Sigh. I look forward to a summer of cotton-free shadiness and the sound of rustling leaves.

Wednesday evening, just before the storm blew in:
P1010452
P1010434
Post rain, this stuff ends up on all of us:
P1010456
IMG_0661

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really had no idea cottonwoods do that. They certainly are well named, aren't they?