Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The birdwatcher

P1010501
My kitty's subtle positioning yesterday; no birds have yet been fooled by her tactics. I put up the feeder over a month ago (not far above the birdbath) after deciding after a few years' study that she was a stalker, not a killer (with the exception of lizards and bugs). Hope I'm right. I've seen her stalk and chase a squirrel across the yard, only to have the squirrel stop running just short of the fence and start foraging again, back turned; and my cat just paused a moment and walked the other way.

On another note, such good rain this morning! If we could only have these weekly storms all through the season, summer would be a much more enjoyable time.

1 comment:

Noelle Johnson said...

I love this photo!

I am glad you are getting some rain. Our rainy season does not start for a few weeks yet :-)