Monday, June 28, 2010

Purple beauty

purple beauty pepper
I have a potted purple beauty pepper that is producing very small fruit (that's a lot of 'p's). The peppers are dark purple from early on, and apparently turn to red when they go sweet (I haven't let any go that long yet). The size means that I haven't been able to do much more than toss them in with other veggies into salad or pasta sauce, but the color's pretty fantastic.

On another garden note, my yard and plants are having just as hard a time as I am adjusting to the summer heat which set in last week. We're all a bit wilty. Except the flame acanthus, which seems to thrive on it.

1 comment:

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Pretty color. I grow baby bell peppers because my growing season is so short but this one is certainly inspiring another try at the bigguns. :)