Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tropical blooms

I visited my parents in Corpus Christi this weekend, stayed in their newly renovated "guest cottage" (so serene), and got to see more gorgeous flowers than I could shake a camera at. These are all from their garden.
A new hanging basket with portulaca outside the cottage
IMG_0621
IMG_0612
Queen's crown vine
IMG_0600
Bicycle as garden art
IMG_0618
Bronze fennel in bloom
IMG_0620
Pink turk's cap (I have one from a cutting started in my garden; hopefully it will be this healthy soon)
IMG_0614
This creeping rangoon has climbed about twenty feet up the chinese tallow tree alongside my parents's house
IMG_0609
A few feet away, this abandoned ficus totally outgrew its pot and is now taller than the house. Ah, the tropicals do love it in Corpus
IMG_0606

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That ficus is great, haha!