Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Seed madness

IMG_0343
Next week my kitchen table will be cleared of fall garden chaos. This week, I'm just embracing it.

Do you ever find yourself daydreaming over a stack of seed packets, envisioning what the garden will look like in a few weeks (veggies) or months (wildflowers)? As usual, I've got more seeds than I know what to do with, but I love this time in fall when the possibilities seem endless. Later I can worry about keeping everything watered correctly, covering things if we get a freeze, checking for insects...right now, I can dream a little dream of orange poppies, Tuscan kale, heirloom fennel.

IMG_0344
Also did a little seed collecting from the cosmos and other flowers. And made some little seed envelopes from wrapping paper scraps (got the idea here).

2 comments:

Emily said...

your seed envelopes turned out so cute! lovely papers. and yes, i daydream in seeds as well. i went through my seed shoebox last night and catalogued them--seed madness indeed.

Amy Farrier said...

Thanks, Emily. When I saw yours, I got inspired to use something other than white check envelopes. This is so much more satisfying! Hmm, cataloging...