Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Year in Flora and Fauna: Fall & Early Winter 2010

We had some beautiful leaf color this November, and I discovered an amazing sculpted metal tree on the East Austin Studio Tour. The new vegetable plots out front produced a batch of radishes (delicious on toast with goat cheese), and soon I'll harvest spinach, chard, and broccoli. On Christmas Eve afternoon, my mother and I went on a three hour tour, I mean hike, in the pineywoods of Bastrop. We thought we were going on a little loop, but it turned out to be 5 miles long one-way, 10 miles total without any water or snacks (but perfect hiking weather!). Long hikes have now made my resolution list for 2011. Happy New Year everyone!!
10.5
11.15
11.3
11.6
11.10
11.11
11.12
12.13
12.14
10.17
12.23

2 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

This is MAGNIFICENT!!!! Oh my goodness. I have to get out more seriously. There is so much to see.
Hugs
V

Amy Farrier said...

I'll admit that having a large, active dog helps me maintain a daily hike habit. Which I'm thankful for because there are so many beautiful moments out there to catch.